My Photo
Thom Ravnholdt is a pattern cutter, costume designer and maker, and a multi-skilled creative working in many media. thomcom13@hotmail.com

8 March 2012

Freelance, with a capital FREE!

I have two weeks left at my current day job (or six working days to be precise), followed by a week of guest teaching in Copenhagen. Then after that, I'm officially freelance, with a capital FREE! It's exciting, scary and will probably be quite rocky to begin with, although I have projects lined up 'til well into June. I am really looking forward to the freedom and the self-government, 9 - 5 just isn't me, and it has been killing me slowly over the last couple of years.
I'm not sure 'headhunted' is the right word, but I have been kindly approached by a company (big, multinational, prosperous; still hush-hush, so no name/further details yet) who are very keen to work with me, and that I am equally looking forward to be collaborating with. These people are so creative and visionary, and you can really tell that they absolutely LOVE what they do, as well as being incredibly nice and easy going people. These are qualities that I have really been missing in my current position, and the number 1 reason that I am leaving. I am finished giving my creative genius to people who at the end of the day don't really care, while they just sit back and wait for the money to roll in, no matter how much they pay me.
I have already had a couple of meetings with this new company, and every time, I have left there inspired, creatively invigorated, and with a happy spring in my step.
ROLL ON SPRING, ROLL ON FUTURE!!!








-These pics have nothing whatsoever to do with this post, but they all inspire me and make me smile at the moment. Number three from the top is my nephew/niece, due in July/August. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment